Jon Loses His Wisdom
This week has been quite exciting. Monday (Halloween evening) we only had four trick-or-treaters. Aren't they cute?! These are the Hesterman kids. From the left, Lauren (9) was a gypsie, Karl (4) was an alligator, Leland (7) was a pirate, and Amanda (12) was a drama queen. Monday evening my ear ache turned into a painful ear infection.
Tuesday morning I drove Jon to Pleasant Hill (about an hour away) to have his wisdom teeth surgically removed. He's been getting a lot of headaches and sinus problems, so we are hoping that this procedure will clear up some of that. The procedure only took about 45 minutes, and the doctor was generous enough to only partly put Jon out--just enough so he couldn't feel anything but not enough to make him fall asleep. That helped save us about $300. Jon was pretty loopy when he got done with the surgery. He was telling me how fine he felt--and how he even thought that I should let him drive since I was in such pain--but then today he couldn't even remember telling me that. Good thing I didn't listen!Tuesday evening I was in extreme pain. Pastor came over and brought ice for Jon because I couldn't move. I was crying because the pain was so excrutiating. Pastor thought he needed to take me to the emergency room. I talked him out of that because I had never heard of anyone going to the ER for an ear infection before. So instead, he went home and called all of the nurses in our church to check up on me. One of them finally suggested that I down some nyquill to finally get some sleep. It helped me get a few hours of sleep, but come one o'clock that morning I was wide awake with the pain.
Cathy Hesterman (mom of the beautiful children above) volunteered to take me to the doctor the next morning so I didn't have to drive in my dizzy and weak condition. The Hestermans have been our family away from home out here. The doctor gave me some amoxycylin and some tylenol with codeine, but so far the pain hasn't subsided by any great amounts.
Jon has had a buddy to share in his liquid diet since my jaw is swollen and causing pain in my ear. We have pulled out our hide-a-bed and have been bummed out in the living room for the last three days. Poor Jon needed a nurse this week, but he has been as much of a nurse to me as I have been to him.
The office staff at Bethany was joking that Jon couldn't be a "wise guy" anymore, but I don't think that will hold out for very much longer...Jon will always be Jon, wisdom teeth or no wisdom teeth.
Hopefully we'll be feeling better soon because we have the Well on Saturday night.
Shana, unfortunately, Jon's cheecks haven't gotten poofy enough to call him chipmunk cheeks. Here's the proof:


1 Comments:
You know Jon, I looked back at some of your older posts and saw your "new" t-shirt that says "I'm not Ross!" What's up with that? I feel insulted!!! I'm going to make my own shirt that says, "At least I'm not Jon!" Anyway, I hope everything is going well with you guys. We gotta see each other some time since we are so close. Jill says hi. Laters.
Post a Comment
<< Home